Does Uploading Everyday on Youtube Help
Many people flock to Youtube everyday, drawn by the promise of online fame and fortune. The appeal of going viral and becoming internet sensations, securing overflowing subscriber counts, and landing lucrative brand partnerships is undeniable. Yet, navigating the platform’s ever-shifting landscape is tricky especially when it comes to taking advantage of the algorithm and upload frequency.
You see creators uploading everyday and crushing it with millions of views and subscribers, while your channel seems to be stuck on Mount Stunted Growth.
This raises a very crucial question: “Does uploading everyday on Youtube help your channel grow?”
At first glance, daily uploads seem like a surefire way to success, but is it truly the path to achieving optimal Youtube growth, or is it just a recipe to burnout, disappointment, and disaster?
Don’t worry. This article will examine how your Youtube upload frequency impacts your channel growth and provide insightful tips as to how many videos you should upload, and how frequently you should do so.
So if you want to know why you should and why you should not upload daily on Youtube, this article is for you.
Understanding the Youtube Algorithm
Firstly, we have to examine how the Youtube algorithm works as regards to your upload frequency. What happens whenever you upload a new video on Youtube?
The Youtube algorithm is like a complex machine with many levers and gears. It is constantly analyzing billions of data points including watch time, click-through rate, viewer engagement, and even your video’s thumbnail and title. This helps it to determine which videos get into the spotlight. Thus, upload frequency itself is not a direct ranking factor, it can however indirectly influence several key metrics.
So, does the Youtube algorithm hate daily uploads? Far from it! It’s more like a curious cat – always eager for fresh content, but with a discerning eye for quality and relevance. This means that you can stop worrying about your upload frequency and instead focus more on unleashing your creativity while keeping the following in mind:
- Consistency: While there really is no harm in uploading videos everyday on Youtube channels, – in fact it is a great way to boost channel growth on Youtube –, you have to be able to keep up. Uploading daily on Youtube might be great, but uploading daily for say 2 weeks and then stopping will have little to no effect on your channel. Most times, uploading fewer videos but more consistently will yield better results.
- Quality over quantity: You do not need to just churn out subpar content in a bid to hit the daily upload mark you set for yourself. Rather, take your time to polish, refine, and edit your videos in order to better connect your audience; the Youtube algorithm will definitely reward you for it.
- Know your audience: Take the time to experiment and go through your analytics so you can determine what upload frequency works best with your viewers. While some audiences need a daily dose of your content, others might prefer an in-depth, weekly exploration of your niche. In the end, it all boils down to the kind of content you dish out.
- Engagement is key: Growing your Youtube channel is not just about throwing out content into Youtube and hoping the algorithm favors it. Rather, you need to interact with your viewers, reply to their comments, and build a kind of community. This will keep them engaged and their interactions will help the algorithm notice you faster.
That said, there are several ways uploading daily on Youtube can help you.
Why You Should Upload Daily on Youtube
You Develop your Video Creation Skills and become more Efficient
When you upload daily on Youtube, you are able to hone your skills and become a better Youtuber. This is because you learn faster, especially if you’re new to the Youtube scene. Let’s say you usually upload 30 videos in 6 months, you would now be doing that in just 30 days.
Also, if you make a mistake, you do not have to dwell on it for a long time, you simply make the next one while learning from your mistake. Uploading everyday on Youtube does not have to be a permanent thing, but you can do so once in a while in order to better your video making and mass production skills. The more videos you make, the easier it gets, and the more comfortable you will be.
When you upload daily on Youtube, your channel can get exposed to a wider audience through Youtube’s search and recommendation algorithms. Uploading videos to Youtube everyday shows that you’re a reliable content creator, thus boosting your discoverability.
Uploading videos more frequently on Youtube keeps your audience engaged and coming back for more. Posting everyday makes you have a lot of videos on your Youtube channel, and viewers who love your content can watch more of your videos, thus giving you more views and boosting your visibility through their interactions. Plus, it keeps you fresh in their minds and Youtube will recommend more of your videos to them in the future.
Increases your Chances of Going Viral
Truth be told, it is easier for you to go viral if you post more videos on a particular topic or niche. One of the videos is bound to hit the nail on the head and blow up on Youtube.
With daily uploads, you can test different content formats, topics, and styles to discover what your viewers really like.Trying new things helps you find your niche and lets you test the waters quickly. Uploading every day on related topics also helps Youtube identify your niche and recommend your videos and channel to viewers in that niche. For instance, if you upload videos about cars everyday, Youtube quickly associates your channel with that topic and will recommend your channel to people interested in cars.
Why You Shouldn’t Upload Daily on Youtube
When you upload videos everyday, your existing subscribers might get overwhelmed by the constant notifications they receive. They may mute you, boycott your videos, or worse, unsubscribe. Youtube’s algorithm takes note of this and your channel might get shadow banned by burying your videos deep in search results, making it harder for new viewers to find them. You also disappear from suggested lists and related videos, thus reducing your organic reach.
Many people don’t open Youtube everyday, and only do so once or twice a week. Bombarding them with a horde of new videos can lead to them not watching everything, or even watching none as they might perceive your content as rushed or repetitive, leading to fewer engagements, and ultimately underperformance of your channel.
It is very difficult to keep uploading everyday on Youtube and it is even more difficult to fit it into your regular calendar. It requires meticulous planning and a solid content calendar. Instead, you should consider an upload frequency that matches your resources and creative energy. It would be no fun if you had to quit after a few months because you could not keep up. When you upload daily on Youtube, you may find it hard to have a personal life and spend time with your loved ones. This is because you’re constantly editing and creating new videos and dedicating all your time to your channel.
When you post too frequently, it is very easy to run out of creative juice. This means you start churning out subpar content in a bid to meet your daily quota and this can be a recipe for disaster as even the most dedicated binge-watcher still craves well-produced content. Spreading yourself too thin may prevent you from digging deep into specific topics or niches, thus reducing quality, and limiting your long-term growth potential.
When you release low quality content, viewers lose interest, the algorithm takes note and relegates your videos to the dark corners of search results, and your channel does not get the growth it deserves. Don’t just release videos for the sake of it, take time to do your research and create engaging content. Viewers can tell when you’re disinterested or do not put effort into a video and this can dampen your engagements.
It is not easy to push out 7 videos every week, especially if you’re new and you’re doing everything by yourself. While this may not apply to most people, there’s a very high chance that you’re going to burn out, get bored, or lose motivation, especially when you’re not seeing immediate results or the results are not as wowing as you expected. It gets even worse when you’re putting a premium on quality videos.
At first, it may be easy to keep churning out those videos, but after a few weeks or months of everyday uploading, you may start to feel the toll. Pushing yourself too hard can lead to creative exhaustion and low-quality content. If you feel like you’re starting to burn out, you should take breaks, reduce your upload frequency, and let your creative spark recharge. Remember, Youtube is a marathon, not a sprint, it’s all about long-term sustainability and not random short quick bursts.
How many Youtube Videos Should you Upload Every Week?
At this point, you might be asking yourself “If I can’t upload daily on Youtube, how many times a week should I upload on Youtube?” There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as there are different determinants including:
Niche and Content Type
The style of content you put out on Youtube will determine how often you upload. Niches like daily vlogs or news updates naturally require you to upload more frequently than other styles. Content like in-depth tutorials or documentaries on the other hand usually require more intense research and editing, meaning you put in more time and effort, necessitating you to upload on Youtube at a slower pace.
If the type of videos you upload require more time to create, then you may need to slow your roll. However, the more videos you make, the easier it becomes and the better and faster you get at making them.
Content Creation Time
Be realistic about how many hours of your time you can dedicate to creating high-quality videos. You probably have to combine video creation with a host of other things in your life. If you don’t have enough time to create as many videos as possible, then you may have to create fewer videos and upload less frequently.
As explained before, experiment and analyze your audience stats in order to know what upload frequency works better with them. Try out different upload schedules and track engagement metrics in order to find your sweet spot.
The reason behind the creation of your Youtube channel can also affect your upload frequency. If you just want to put your ideas out there and merely be heard, then you might not need to worry about upload frequency. On the other hand, if you’re trying to grow an audience, then you may increase your upload frequency.
In the end, you may need to experiment with different upload frequencies and settle for the one that works best for you.
When Should You Upload Videos to Youtube Everyday?
While uploading daily on Youtube may have its pros and cons, there are certain people who need to upload daily or at least increase their upload frequency. You may consider uploading daily if you have a:
- Daily Vlog Channel: It goes without saying that if you own a daily vlog channel where you chronicle your life or share experience, you need to be posting content at least once a day in order to keep your viewers updated. Uploading daily fulfills the expectations of viewers who tune in everyday to see what’s new with you and enjoy their regular dose of your insights, experiences, and advice.
- Gaming Channel: In the world of gaming, stale content is a surefire way to lose viewers. Frequent uploads keep your channel buzzing with new experiences, strategies, and hilarious moments. Make sure to always have something new for your gamer viewers to devour.
- New Channel: If your Youtube channel is new, you may need to upload more frequently in order to cement your identity and build momentum. By uploading daily, you’re appeasing the algorithm by showing your dedication and activity, increasing your chances of surfacing in recommendations and search results. Also, when you churn out videos more frequently, you’re able to learn and develop your skills faster by experimenting and finding what works best for you.
- Old Channel: Uploading daily on Youtube is not only for people with a new channel. If you’re like most people who want to increase the number of videos they produce per week or want to get faster at producing videos, then you can upload videos on youtube everyday for a particular period of time. You will notice that at the end of said period, you will become faster at editing, researching, and optimizing your videos for Youtube. You can then switch to a less frequent upload frequency. Many Youtube creators have a challenge where they upload everyday for 30 days. You can hop on this challenge and watch yourself get better and more effective.
How to Upload Daily on Youtube
If you want to upload everyday on Youtube without getting burned out or experiencing most of the setbacks associated with daily Youtube uploads, here are some things that can help you create videos faster. That way, you are able to fit the creation and uploading of Youtube videos into your regular schedule.
- Creating a Content List: This includes making a list of about 30 different video topics you plan to cover. You can also write down ideas and keywords. This will make video creation faster as you already know what you want to do next and you don’t have to worry about that everyday.
- Create a Schedule: This includes spreading your work across different days and assigning different tasks to different days. For example, you can use mondays for research, tuesdays for recording, wednesdays for editing, thursdays for analysis, etc. This makes the work easier as you can customize your schedule as you like.
- Set Up Your Equipment: You should always make sure the gear you use for creating videos is ready to go. This will greatly reduce your video production time and also save you from procrastination. It is easier to jump right into production when you have your camera, laptop, etc set up already.
Actionable Tips for Growth, Regardless of Frequency:
Even if you’re not uploading daily, there are plenty of ways to maximize your reach and engagement:
- Optimize Your Videos: If you want to upload daily on Youtube, you should always spend a good amount of time on research. The more you know about a topic, the easier it is to create content about it. You should also use relevant keywords in your titles, descriptions, and tags to improve search visibility. You can make use of online tools like Google Keyword, TubeBuddy, and YoutTube Search Suggest to know how popular your video topic and keywords are. Finally, a captivating thumbnail is your first impression, so invest time in creating eye-catching visuals.
- End Screens and Cards: Include engaging end screens with links to other apt videos or playlists, and use cards throughout your video to highlight specific products, websites, or social media channels.
- Promote Across Platforms: Share your videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other relevant platforms where your target audience spends time. Encourage viewers to like, comment, and share your content.
- Guest Posts and Collaborations: Reach out to other creators in your niche and collaborate on videos or guest posts on their blogs. This expands your audience and builds valuable connections.
- Community Building: Interact with your viewers in the comments section, respond to messages, and host live Q&A sessions, contests, and giveaways. This can boost engagement and attract new viewers.
- Track Your Analytics: Regularly monitor your YouTube analytics to see what’s working and what’s not. Pay attention to metrics like watch time, click-through rate, audience retention, and engagement.
Remember, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to YouTube success. The key is to find a sustainable upload schedule that allows you to produce high-quality content, engage with your audience, and continuously learn and adapt. When you utilize these actionable tips and focus on long-term growth, you can set your YouTube channel on the path to success regardless of how often you hit the upload button.